Chameleon Innovations (“Chameleon” or “we“) is committed to privacy and the protection of personal information. Chameleon is committed to protecting your personal information collected during your use of the www.chameleon.ca website (the “Website“) and when you communicate with us, and to using it only for the purposes for which it was collected.
1. Purpose, scope and users
“Personal information” means any information that, when taken alone or in combination with other information, identifies an individual, such as name, date of birth, e-mail address, and any other information that must be treated as “personal information” in accordance with applicable laws.
Our company collects the following personal information or data:
2.1.1. Contact information
We collect certain personal information about you in order to be able to identify and contact you if necessary, which you provide voluntarily, for example when you first contact us or when you become a new customer. This personal information may include, as the case may be, your full name and contact information, such as postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, preferred language.
2.1.2. Usage data
Usage Data is collected automatically when the Website is used.
Usage data may include personal information, such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (for example, IP address) or unique device identifiers, and other usage information regarding the means and reasons of your visit, as your browser type, browser version, the pages of our service you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on these pages, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you are using, your unique mobile device identifier, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the Website by or through a mobile device.
The tracking technologies used are beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service. Certain sections of our Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web beacons and single-pixel gifs) which enable the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you log out, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / essential cookies
Type : Session cookies
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with the services available on the Web site and to enable you to use some of its functionalities. They help authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with these services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice acceptance cookies
Type : Persistent cookies
- Functionality cookies
Type : Persistent cookies
Purpose: These cookies enable us to remember the choices you make when using the Website, such as remembering your login information or language preferences. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the website.
- Tracking and performance cookies
Type : Persistent cookies
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information collected via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is generally linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features or functions on the website to see how our users react to them.
You voluntarily provide most of the personal information we collect directly to our company. We collect personal information and process data when you :
- Complete form on our Website;
- Register online or place an order for one of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on one of our discussion forums or by e-mail.
- Use or consult our website via your browser’s cookies.
Personal information is collected and used for the following purposes:
- to enable Users to access and use the Website;
- to process User requests, including requests for information about our services and products;
- to communicate with you regarding our activities, a problem or a need you may have, your experience with our services or our Website;
- to allow Users to apply for a job posting;
- to evaluate, optimize and improve the content and functionality of the Website and to track your use of the Website’s features; and
- to provide users with advertising content, including “retargeting” (or “remarketing”), and to improve the content of our advertisements and website so that they are more relevant or of interest to the public.
Chameleon retains personal information for a reasonable period of time in order to provide you with proper access to the Website, to respond fully to your requests, or to fulfill the stated purposes as required by law, whichever is longer. After this period, we will either anonymize your personal information or destroy it in such a way as to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Our company would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always unsubscribe at a later date.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing email.
Chameleon will never disclose your personal information to anyone outside our company without your consent, with the exception of the following third parties and only if they have implemented appropriate security safeguards to ensure at least the same level of security as ours:
5.1. Service providers
Our suppliers whose services have been retained to perform certain functions on our behalf (e.g., data processing and storage, service quality analysis, tracking and management of job applications and recruitment, etc.). In such cases, we take the necessary steps to ensure that these third parties only have access to the information required to carry out the agreed services that they process your information solely for the purposes we have identified, and that they have in place personal information protection measures that comply with applicable laws and allow them to respect the same conditions and level of protection as set out in this Policy;
5.2. Commercial transactions
If Chameleon is involved in a merger, acquisition sale of assets or change of control, your personal information may be transferred, in whole or in part, only if the parties have signed an agreement stipulating that the collection, use and disclosure of the information are limited to the purposes of the business transaction.
In certain circumstances, Chameleon may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
Chameleon may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Complying with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend Chameleon’s rights and property;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in relation to the Website; and
- Protect against legal liability.
All personal information and other data are stored on servers with high security safeguards, protected against improper use and access by unauthorized persons. We strive to maintain the necessary physical, administrative and technical security measures at our offices and information storage centers. Personal information is only made available to those individuals (employees or agents) who require access to this information in order to carry out their responsibilities.
Chameleon uses reasonable means to protect your personal information transmitted during your use of the Website. More specifically, we have technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorized access or disclosure, both internally and externally to our organization. However, no security mechanism is perfect, and you should be aware that there is always some risk of security breaches. Chameleon declines all responsibility with regard to the fact that such information concerning you could be disclosed, except in the event of negligence on the part of Chameleon.
All data, including personal information, collected during your use of the website is stored on servers located in Quebec. However, some personal information may be processed by Chameleon’s third-party service providers located outside Quebec in order to enable them to carry out mandates on behalf of Chameleon. In the latter case, Chameleon takes reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties are bound by appropriate safeguards.
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and to guarantee that you can exercise your rights.
- Request access to your personal information. The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we have about you.
- Request correction of your personal information. You have the right to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we have about you.
- Request to stop collecting or delete of your personal information. You have the right to ask us to stop collecting, delete or remove personal information when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information. We will provide you, or a third party chosen by you, with your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information that you have initially consented to us using or where we have used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to specific features of the Website.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will do our best to respond as soon as possible. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a personal information protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, if you are in Quebec, please visit the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://chameleon.ca/contact-us/
- By sending us an e-mail: email@example.com