Non-destructive testing (NDT) is a wide group of analysis techniques used in science and industry to evaluate the properties of a material, component or system without causing damage. Many industries have to use this technique to save time and money. Nowadays NDT is used in a variety of settings that covers a wide range of industrial activity, with new NDT methods and applications, being continuously developed. Now the question is that how to do this process in a most efficient way to reduce the cost and save time and money? Chameleon Innovations Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and Product Inspection Enclosures are the answer to your question because they:
Are customized to your requirements
- Greatly simplifies the non-destructive testing of large, hard-to-maneuver work pieces
- Adapts to your facility to perform non-destructive testing in-house
- Custom-built to any desired size for indoor or outdoor use; Structural materials and fabric types adapted to your application
- Ultra Violet (UV) retractable inspection enclosures to detect even the slightest defect
- Excellent for MPI and UV Testing; perfect for an environment where strict control of lighting conditions is needed
Retracts to 20% of its extended length
- Retracts to give 360 degree work piece delivery access to work area
- Retracts to 20% of its extended length to save time & space
- Leaving valuable floor space available for other work
Increases the speed of production
- Easy-to-use tensioning system; Retracts and extends using people-power
- The system rolls on smooth, high strength aluminum rails and low-friction wheels
- Strong and lightweight components result in easy operation
- All-Weather Industrial Shell; our enclosures can be safely used and mounted both indoors and outdoors.
- Opaque and fire-retardant shell; Dark rooms for inspection using UV lights
- Rear wall custom-fitted to the filtration system of your choice
- Unique galvanized lift bow arches; automatically raises entire shell when retracting
- Snag-free advanced single or double row pantograph arms; High structural strength
- Trackless wheels for complete portability or with low profile drive-over “V” rails for large enclosures
- Tear Resistant Shell
- Durable 18-ounce reinforced Black Opaque PVC shell
- UV protected shell; can withstand high levels of UV light
- Anti-fluoresce under black light
- Air-tight quick attach channel for easy installation
Chameleon’s optional accessories can provide you with strict environmental control of temperature, particle, vapor and light conditions that you may need, including a worker access door and equipment interfaces for access to the workspace.
Why would I want a retractable enclosure versus a typical metal booth with a flimsy front curtain?
Retractable enclosures make work areas more profitable and allow superior access to the work zone. This solution is not less expensive than a metal booth nor replaces one. It does, however – in more cases than less – offer a much better return on investment.
- Chameleon retractable enclosures are excellent for Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI) and Ultra Violet (UV) testing where strict control of lighting conditions is needed.
- Being retractable allows you to regain the use of the floor space for other productive purposes, such as body work or vehicle maintenance.
All-weather industrial shell means that these enclosures can be used and mounted outdoors.
- Seals air tight as the fire retardant shell tends to follow the contour of the floor and the shell’s seamless construction insures that light or dust will not seep through the walls (like economical metal booths).
- In manufacturing or industrial finishing, our retractable enclosures provide 360° access for overhead cranes and forklifts to the blasting/work area.
What are your retractable NDT enclosures made out of?
All of our blast enclosures are constructed of aluminum or steel and tear-resistant 18-ounce reinforced Black Opaque PVC shell to keep unwanted light out. They are also fire-retardant meeting NFPA 701 and California Title 19-Section 1237.
How is the enclosure shipped?
Chameleon retractable enclosures are shipped in kit form by truck. We will provide you with the most economical shipping price available.
How long does it take to assemble the enclosure?
An indication of assembly time will be provided on your quotation.
What does the NDT enclosure come with?
The NDT enclosure comes with the first set of dust filters and all the necessary hardware and instructions for easy assembly.
Is the structure corrosion resistant?
The structural components are aluminum & galvanized steel. They can also be manufactured in galvanized steel if needed.
Do I need to have a forklift to unload the enclosure when it arrives?
Ideally you should have a forklift. If you don’t have one, you can break open the crates in the truck and unload the pieces one at a time. You will need to make arrangements with the delivery driver if this is the case (extra charges may apply). You must let us know if you will not be able to arrange a forklift at the time of your order.
“When we don’t need to conduct non-destructive testing, we retract our Chameleon enclosure because the floor space is really needed for our production. Just that alone is worth every penny of Chameleon’s incredible high quality retractable enclosure. Thanks Chameleon Innovations!”
Shop Floor Manager Medium-sized Manufacturer in USA.